- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- MCS singers featured at Circle the State with Song festival
- School year calendars approved for 2017-18 and 2018-19
- Sign up TODAY for the Giant Discovery Zone after-school program!
- Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
- WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
February 24 2017Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
February 23 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Little Giants enrollment opens next month
February 13 2017Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
February 13 2017MCS singers featured at Circle the State with Song festival
February 6 2017Help your child excel! Check out these ISTEP+ prep tips:
- No Upcoming events were found.
Public Law 221 (PL 221) is Indiana’s comprehensive accountability system for K-12 education. Passed by the Indiana General Assembly in 1999 (prior to the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001), the law aims to establish major educational reform and accountability statewide.
To measure progress, PL 221 assigns Indiana schools (both public and accredited non-public) A-F letter grades.
Letter grades for high schools are calculated based upon performance (Algebra 1 and English 10 end of course assessments), student improvement, graduation rate, and college and career readiness (such as Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and industry certification exams or the acquisition of college credits).
Letter grades for elementary and middle schools are based upon English/language arts and math ISTEP+ performance, improvement, growth, and participation.
To view Riverview Elementary School's most recent PL221 school improvement plan, click here.
Marion, IN 46952-3766